On March 30, 2017, PFR Engineering released FRNC-5PC v9.2. Version 9.2 includes a number of enhancements, upgrades and new features. Following are some highlights:
- Added Therminol® fluids to built-in stream properties. Users can choose a specific Therminol fluid and the properties will automatically populate a Physical Property Grid.
- Added the ability to Run an FRNC-5 simulation from outside the FRNC-5 Graphical User Interface (GUI), such as from the DOS Command Prompt or from an Excel® spreadsheet macro.
- Added more Tube Material selections, bringing FRNC-5 up-to-date with the API RP-530 tube material stress curves.
- Added a flue gas Draft Summary table to the program output results. All of the draft-related values (losses and gains) are now shown for all furnace sections.
- Simplified the choice of a unit basis for Process Stream Compositions. The previous list of different units effectively resulted in either Mass, Mole, or Liquid Volume basis, so those options are now the only ones allowed. This eliminates some previous confusion.
- Manifold fittings can now be used for all-Liquid process streams, in addition to the previously-allowed all-Vapor streams.
- Now allow stream Property Grids to be exported from the FRNC-5 GUI to an Excel template, which then allows users to easily add or remove Pressures or Temperatures and then re-import them into the GUI. The GUI itself does not provide this functionality.
If you would like additional information about FRNC-5PC v9.2 or any of the other PFR Engineering software products, please email us at email@example.com